We are pleased to partner with Schoolpool to assist parents that are interested in carpooling or riding the bus to and from school with other families. Schoolpool is sponsored by Way to Go, a program of the Denver Regional Council of Governments (DRCOG).
The Program Works as Follows:
- In early August, we will submit our family list to Way to Go to be imported into their secure mapping website. It will include parents names, addresses, phone numbers and emails to be shared with other Parker Performing Arts School families.
- In mid August, you will receive an email from Way to Go informing you of the closest PPA families. If you don’t have an email address, the information will be sent via U.S. Mail.
- Through a secure website, you can add comments to your account (i.e., can provide morning rides, student is in after school activities, carpool is full, etc.), search other addresses (i.e., second household, grandparents, etc.) and elect to share your information with families at other schools.
- Your information will only be shared with PPA families; Way to Go will not sell it to other businesses, agencies or third parties. Likewise, we ask you to treat the information with privacy.
- There is no obligation to participate. The information is a great resource to meet nearby PPA families for other reasons such as temporary transportation needs, play dates, baby sitters, summer BBQs, etc.
- If you are interested in participating, you will need to take the initiative to contact families to determine interest and make arrangements.
- Add email@example.com to your address book or safe sender list to ensure your information is delivered to your inbox.
- Parker Performing Arts School and Way to Go assume no responsibility, but provide information for your use. Way to Go does not run background checks, confirm valid drivers’ licenses or assess insurance coverage on participants. You are advised to screen participants to your personal satisfaction and check your own insurance coverage for carpooling to assure you are covered under these voluntary arrangements. No drivers, vehicles or insurance are provided. Questions can be directed to Way to Go at 303-458-7665 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- More info can be found at their website: http://www.waytogo.org/getting-around/schoolpool