School Uniform Ordering
As you might imagine, a unique school like PPA has unique uniform needs. Because no single vendor has every uniform item available, we have partnered with 3 vendors to provide everything you need for your students. We have tried to make it as simple as possible for you. Contact information has been provided for each vendor if you have any questions.
Tips for ordering school uniforms:
- Be prepared to have clothing altered if necessary to fit your children. Every person has a unique body shape and size, and altering uniforms will be necessary in some cases. Additionally, our uniform company can take measurements and have clothing made for specific children if necessary (some limits of sizes and colors do apply).
- If you aren’t sure if the fit is correct, we recommend erring on the side of slightly too big so that there is room for your child to grow into the garment. However, you don’t want to be a full size too big, or have the items so big that your student is uncomfortable.
- We recommenced that you write the names or add the initials of your children in the school uniform so that misplaced items can be easily returned to your family.
- Day to Day. You will want to choose a combination of uniform company black bottoms and long and/or short sleeve polos for everyday uniform wear. We recommend at least three bottoms and at least five shirts to start. You can always add more as the year progresses.
- Formal Uniforms. Boys are required to have black pants and the oxford shirt with logo. Girls are required to have the skort and the peter pan with logo (K – 4) or oxford shirt with logo (5 – 8). These are for formal uniform days, field trips and/or special events. These can be worn day to day if you choose, however, they are only absolutely required on formal days.
If you have questions about ordering uniforms, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Exchanges and Returns
Any uniform item in its original condition (unworn, unwashed, no names written in) with the tags still attached may be exchanged or returned for a full refund within the 2016-17 school year. Late in the summer, we can do straight across exchanges for different sizes (if we have the items on hand), or take returns. Again, items must be new, unworn and have the tags still attached to qualify for exchange/return.
Once an item has had the tags removed, or has been worn or washed, it can be sold to the Used Uniform Program for cash or credit towards your next purchase. Details about the used uniforms will be provided late summer.
In Person Uniform Events:
Periodically, PPA will hold in person uniform ordering events. These events allow families to try uniforms on in person for correct sizing. Uniform Company representatives and parent volunteers will be on hand to help you try on and choose the correct sizes, as well as answer any questions you may have about PPA school uniforms. You can order in person, make your secure payment, and ensure school uniform delivery before school begins.
- We generally only order clothing at these events for pickup of product at a later time.
- Every family will sign up for one 30 minute slot, so please sign up for time that will work best for your family. Please do not sign up unless you are fully committed to that specific time and date.
- Dressing areas will be provided. Be prepared to try on uniform pieces when you arrive, wear shoes that are easy to take on and off, wear appropriate clothing, etc.
You can pay by check or credit (MasterCard, Visa, Amex).We are unable to accept cash. You have two options for payment/delivery.
- 50% down, 50% when the items arrive at these in person events only. We will be scheduling uniform order pick up days in July and August where you can sign up, pay the balance and pick up your items.
- Pay the entire amount with delivery direct to your home. If you pay the entire balance when you order, we will ship or deliver your items direct to your home (additional flat fee).