The PPA Summer To-Do Checklist!
The PPA staff wishes you a wonderful summer vacation! For each student to be fully prepared for the first day of the upcoming school year, please follow the checklist below. Along with the information on this page, be sure to read the summer updates from Principal Burgess as well. See you soon!
1. Know Your Infinite Campus Login Credentials.
- If you have lost or forgotten your IC login information, please reset it prior to Meet and Greet (August 5). Please reset it here.
- Families NEW to the Douglas County School District (DCSD): Once your students have been enrolled in DCSD, you will receive your Infinite Campus parent portal login info on July 1.
IMPORTANT! Keep the Infinite Campus login information safe and in an accessible location! Parents use these credentials regularly for various school applications during every school year and for summer registrations.
2. Set Up Your MySchoolBucks Login Info.
This year PPA will use MySchoolBucks for online payments for student fees, field trips, fines, and lunch. If you did not create a MySchoolBucks account last year or if you are new to Douglas County and PPA, please sign up using these instructions.
3. Download the School Year Calendar and Note Important Dates.
Review and bookmark our board-approved 2019-2020 school year calendar so you can start planning for no contact days, parent teacher conferences, and school breaks.
4. School Supplies.
For elementary students(K-4), your student will receive an Edukit from their classroom teacher.
For middle school students, teachers have asked that you purchase these basic supplies. Middle school teachers will communicate any necessary specialized or class specific supplies in the class syllabus at the beginning of the year.
5. Plan and Prepare for Our Registration / Meet and Greet Event.
Please plan to attend our registration / meet and greet event on Monday, August 5th between 8:00am-12:00pm and 1:30pm-6:00pm. Please be sure to complete Online Express Check In prior to registration. Express Check In will open on July 17.
Douglas County School District (DCSD) Express Check-In
- Update and confirm all student record information (name, address, contact information, etc.)
- Pay Student Fees
- PPA parents will use the MySchoolBucks application to make online payments for the following:
- Student fees
- Field Trips
- DCSD School Lunch Payments
- MySchoolbucks SignUp Instructions
PPA Registration August 5th Will Include the Following:
- Confirmation of Express Check In completion
- Confirmation of student fees payment
- Completion of the PPA Technology Agreement
- Receiving your PPA issued Ipad
- K-8 school photos with Lifetouch
- Turning in medications, signed release forms, and updated immunization records to the health office.
- New families and ALL 5th grade students will pick up NEW CARPOOL TAGS!
- Signing up with SchoolBzz (required communication tool)
- Information about Clubs, Before/After Child Care (our Spotlight program), Uniforms, DCSD Nutrition Services, the Parker Performing Arts Parent Community Association and more!
- Sign up with Help Counter to volunteer!!
6. Get Medications and Immunizations Ready for School, Get Your Physician Signatures, and Pick-up School-day Medications.
For each K-8 student requiring school-day medications (prescription and over-the-counter), DCSD requires a completed and physician-signed Student Medication form for the current school year. We also require a care plan for students with allergies, asthma, or epilepsy. Please click here to access all forms/care plans. We cannot accept or administer expired medications (check expiration dates) or medications with incomplete paperwork.
- Update student immunizations (incoming Kindergarten and incoming sixth graders).
Incoming sixth graders are required to have an immunization booster for Tdap prior to the start of sixth grade. Incoming Kindergartners also have immunizations which must be updated prior to starting school in August.
Bring all completed Medication Authorization AND all medications (prescription and over-the-counter) in original pharmacy-labeled container OR new and unopened over-the-counter containers in a plastic bag labeled clearly with the student’s first and last name to the PPA Meet and Greet on August 5th.
7. Get Your Student Uniforms Ready.
8. Get connected to Parker Performing Arts.
We like to stay in touch with our families. We update our website and use SchoolBzz to keep our parents informed about classroom events. In addition, Principal Burgess sends a weekly email to families updating them on upcoming activities and events.
For updates and photos, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
9. Start Summer Reading and Math Assignments.
We encourage all PPA students to spend time reading and practicing math facts over the summer months. I-Ready math lessons will be available on any computer by following these instructions.
We ask that all elementary students complete at least one math and one reading
Middle School Students
All Parker Performing Arts middle school students will complete a summer reading BINGO card. Students with a BINGO during the first week of school will receive a dress of choice day during the month of August. Students who blackout the BINGO card will receive a Get-Out-of-Formal-Uniform pass for September.
Math: Multiplication facts 1-12 memorized and 1 lesson of I-ready per week
Math: Multiplication facts 1-12 memorized and 1 lesson of I-ready per week.
Math:1-2 lessons of I-ready per week
Math: 1-2 lessons of I-ready per week
10. Keep Up With the Performing Arts
Over the summer, students should continue practicing their instruments. Shake off the rust and dust and find something the students love to play!
Students are encouraged to begin audition preparation for our fall musical, “The Little Mermaid”.
11. Find a Summer Academic Tutor or Performing Arts Teacher.
Want to improve your student’s academic skills over the summer? Please click this link to access PPA teachers who offer summer tutoring.
The Denver Metro Area is rich with performing arts opportunities! Private Lessons, camps, academies, and countless opportunities are available. Take advantage!
*Parker Performing Arts School is not responsible for or involved in these private tutoring arrangements in any way.
The Art of Education
ENGAGE WITH US